The Daily Mile
Children Fit for Life
From June 2017, the children of Carr Lodge, have been partaking in the Daily Mile- 15 minutes of running and walking around our specially mapped out circuit come rain or shine!
The aim of the Daily Mile is to improve the physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing of our children – regardless of age or personal circumstances.
The Daily Mile Works!
The Daily Mile is successful because it is simple and free:
- It takes place over just 15 minutes, with children averaging a mile each day.
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier.
- There’s no set up, tidy up, or equipment required.
- Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing time is needed.
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun.
- It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile.
The children and parents (who joined us for our launch day) have been loving the Daily Mile so far and parents have already commented on how much more, “alert” their children seem to be.
We love the Daily Mile!